Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to define the zero potential at infinity boundary in electrostatisc of ADDC module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, all

I am not very familiar with COMSOL, just begin to learn,

Looking forward to your help to address the issue "How to define the zero potential at infinity boundary in electrostatisc of ADDC module"

Your help would be appreciated,

Thank you,

Best regards
Qize,

5 Replies Last Post Aug 29, 2013, 10:18 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 27, 2013, 11:52 a.m. EDT
You should try to have a look at the model.acdc.geoelectrics.pdf document from COMSOL. This will help you to understand about infinity boundaries and how to set the potentials.
You should try to have a look at the model.acdc.geoelectrics.pdf document from COMSOL. This will help you to understand about infinity boundaries and how to set the potentials.

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 27, 2013, 2:24 p.m. EDT

I'm sorry for asking without looking at the documentation. Just out of curiosity, is there such an option for this purpose?

Thanks!
--
Pu, ZHANG ??
Departamento de Física Teórica de la Materia Condensada,
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid,
Madrid, Spain.
[QUOTE] You should try to have a look at the model.acdc.geoelectrics.pdf document from COMSOL. This will help you to understand about infinity boundaries and how to set the potentials. [/QUOTE] I'm sorry for asking without looking at the documentation. Just out of curiosity, is there such an option for this purpose? Thanks! -- Pu, ZHANG ?? Departamento de Física Teórica de la Materia Condensada, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain.

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 28, 2013, 8:06 a.m. EDT

Thank you very much, it really is a good tutorial.
[QUOTE] You should try to have a look at the model.acdc.geoelectrics.pdf document from COMSOL. This will help you to understand about infinity boundaries and how to set the potentials. [/QUOTE] Thank you very much, it really is a good tutorial.

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 29, 2013, 8:31 a.m. EDT

can u give me the pdf where they discussed this topic .
[QUOTE] You should try to have a look at the model.acdc.geoelectrics.pdf document from COMSOL. This will help you to understand about infinity boundaries and how to set the potentials. [/QUOTE] can u give me the pdf where they discussed this topic .

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 29, 2013, 10:18 a.m. EDT

can u give me the pdf where they discussed this topic .

FYI

Qize,
[QUOTE] [QUOTE] You should try to have a look at the model.acdc.geoelectrics.pdf document from COMSOL. This will help you to understand about infinity boundaries and how to set the potentials. [/QUOTE] can u give me the pdf where they discussed this topic . [/QUOTE] FYI Qize,

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.