Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Bending test on NiTi tape

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to model a pseudoelastic NiTi tape subjected to bending load. The bending produces a large deformation of the tape. The model is able to replicate the formation of Martensite from Austenite through the plateau phase, however once it has reached the point at which the material is almost completely in the stress induced martensite phase, the simulation fails with the following message: "Failed To Compute Elasto-plastic Strain Variables". In particular, it fails in the evaluation of the transformation strain variable.

I have already tried to follow the advices reported in this page "https://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1150" but I still obtain this error.

I do not know how to solve it.

Thank you very much for helping me!

0 Replies Last Post Jul 12, 2023, 10:33 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Davide Ninarello

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.