Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Twisted tape

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Can anyone help me build a twisted tape in Comsol Multiphysics? With Best Regards

2 Replies Last Post Aug 25, 2023, 7:30 p.m. EDT
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 11 months ago Jun 15, 2023, 9:20 p.m. EDT

Not entirely sure what you mean, but one good way to make twisted structures in 3D is to create two end faces, with one face rotated and displaced relative to the first, separated along a path. Then add parametric curves (to guide the twist) between the two faces. Then use a "loft" operation to connect from one of the end faces to the other, using the parametric curves as guides. I've attached a figure, showing one such example.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Not entirely sure what you mean, but one good way to make twisted structures in 3D is to create two end faces, with one face rotated and displaced relative to the first, separated along a path. Then add parametric curves (to guide the twist) between the two faces. Then use a "loft" operation to connect from one of the end faces to the other, using the parametric curves as guides. I've attached a figure, showing one such example.

Posted: 8 months ago Aug 25, 2023, 7:30 p.m. EDT

Dear Robert Koslover Thank you very much for your reply I will take thi example into consideration. With best regards

Dear Robert Koslover Thank you very much for your reply I will take thi example into consideration. With best regards

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.