Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

error in the model of a coax

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm a newbie on comsol, trying to model in ac/dc module and electromagnetics.
I started to work with a simple coax cable structure, examined the capacitance wrt radius of insulator as well as different different types of insulators in electrostatics physics. Then studied the tutorial on the empedance of a coax cable.
Now, what I want to is to apply an ac voltage to its conductors and see how it behaves.
However I couldn't do it. First, I solved the problem in time domain of electrostatics and electric currents separately, as seting the terminal voltage a function depended on time, i.e. Vo*sin(2*pi*f*t).

When those did not work, I switched to the freq.domain in electric currents. However, that did not work, either.

This is the error I'm getting,

"
Problem encountered during results while solving.
Evaluation of result expression failed.
Failed to evaluate variable.
- Variable: es.nD
- Geometry: 1
- Boundary: 6 7 8 9 10 11 26 27 28 42 43 44
Failed to evaluate expression.
- Expression: real(es.nD)
Failed to evaluate expression.
- Expression: real(es.nD)
"

What might be the problem?

thanks a lot
CBD

1 Reply Last Post Jul 12, 2012, 3:39 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 12, 2012, 3:39 p.m. EDT
Hi again,

I managed my problem, solved it. However now I have a different problem.

I designed a model with a semi-conductor sphere and studied the currents flown on the surface with ec physics. When I add an air around the sphere, that did not work simply. The program couldn't calculate.
What might be the problem?

thanks,
Ceren
Hi again, I managed my problem, solved it. However now I have a different problem. I designed a model with a semi-conductor sphere and studied the currents flown on the surface with ec physics. When I add an air around the sphere, that did not work simply. The program couldn't calculate. What might be the problem? thanks, Ceren

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.