Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

geometry parametric sweep

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello

I am a beginner user to COMSOL and I have a question which is probably very basic, I'm using geometry parametric sweep with Solid Works connection and I want to know how can I obtain the value of a predefined variable(Bx_emnc in my case) at a specific point for each geometry parametric step in the Log file?

Thanks for reading.

Best regards,
Azar

6 Replies Last Post Sep 22, 2010, 4:14 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 22, 2010, 2:32 p.m. EDT
Hi

In V4 I would suggest that you look at a "Definitons Probe Plot", and the corresponding explanations in the doc

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi In V4 I would suggest that you look at a "Definitons Probe Plot", and the corresponding explanations in the doc -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 22, 2010, 3:07 p.m. EDT
Hi,

thanks for your reply,

But unfortunately I don't have the possibility to use V4,Do you have any advice that works in 3.5a?

Regards'
Azar
Hi, thanks for your reply, But unfortunately I don't have the possibility to use V4,Do you have any advice that works in 3.5a? Regards' Azar

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 22, 2010, 3:30 p.m. EDT
Hi

you have also postprocessing probe plots in V3.5 and then it will show up during solving via "solver parameters - Plot while solving"

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you have also postprocessing probe plots in V3.5 and then it will show up during solving via "solver parameters - Plot while solving" -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 22, 2010, 3:58 p.m. EDT
Hi again,

Yes Ivar, I've read about postprocessing probe plots in the doc,But as far as I know there is a note in the doc that says you cannot vary parameters that control the geometry values through the parametric solver.I vary my geometry variable automatically by using the SolidWorks by using Geometric Parametric Sweep dialog box available from the SolidWorks Connection in the File menu.There is no Plot while solving option in that case or at least I can't find it.what do you suggest now?

Thanks alot
Azar
Hi again, Yes Ivar, I've read about postprocessing probe plots in the doc,But as far as I know there is a note in the doc that says you cannot vary parameters that control the geometry values through the parametric solver.I vary my geometry variable automatically by using the SolidWorks by using Geometric Parametric Sweep dialog box available from the SolidWorks Connection in the File menu.There is no Plot while solving option in that case or at least I can't find it.what do you suggest now? Thanks alot Azar

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 22, 2010, 4:04 p.m. EDT
Hi

then probably you cannot do it in 3.5 I did not use that many CAD links that way, it's easier in V4 anyhow but OK you need to get the new version (and to learn how to use it)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi then probably you cannot do it in 3.5 I did not use that many CAD links that way, it's easier in V4 anyhow but OK you need to get the new version (and to learn how to use it) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 22, 2010, 4:14 p.m. EDT
Ok then Thank you very much for your comments.

Still thinking
Azar
Ok then Thank you very much for your comments. Still thinking Azar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.