Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

electrostatic potential induced by charges

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am fairly new to comsol, your help would be helpful,

I have an electrostatic model composed of two electrodes and medium( air, plastic), just like an parallel capacitor.

In my 2D model, I built a rectangle with a layer. The upper and lower boundary were assumed as electrodes, and surface charge density was set to the midterm boundary. What I would like to know is the potential difference between the two electrodes when the upper electrode moved toward or away from the midterm boundary . The action was dependent on parametric sweep.The question is I am not sure how to define the two electode boundary properties,

Any help would be appreciated,

Thank you,

Qize

2 Replies Last Post Aug 29, 2013, 10:45 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 29, 2013, 7:56 a.m. EDT
under electristatics module, ground and terminal option are there.. jst go there and put the value
under electristatics module, ground and terminal option are there.. jst go there and put the value

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 29, 2013, 10:45 a.m. EDT

Thank u for your reply,

Qize,
[QUOTE] under electristatics module, ground and terminal option are there.. jst go there and put the value [/QUOTE] Thank u for your reply, Qize,

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.