Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Li-ion capacity fade_modeling particle interaction when there are multiple side reactions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am modeling capacity fade in lithium ion cells. I have multiple side reactions modelled as different porous electrode reactions. For modeling particle intercalation- boundary condition at the particle surface, I want the contribution of current density from only one of the porous electrode reaction models. But by default, the setting in COMSOL battery design module, sums over all the current densities from different porous electrode reactions modelled under that porous electrode node. Can someone guide me on how to change that to include only intercalation current density and not side reaction current density for particle surface BC.

0 Replies Last Post Apr 20, 2023, 4:09 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Deepika V

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.