Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat transfer with time variant heat source

Carla Sayuri Matsushita Guimarães

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi guys!

I'm trying to make a simulation of a refrigerator but I'm having some problem with the heat source. I want to make it like a real refrigerator (thecompressor turning on and off after some time like the image attached). Do you guys have any tips for me? I haven't found much literature of COMSOL simulations of refrigerators either, so that can be very helpful too!

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies Last Post May 31, 2022, 10:15 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago May 25, 2022, 5:12 p.m. EDT
Updated: 2 years ago May 25, 2022, 5:32 p.m. EDT

Hello Carla,

I imagine that the compressor turns on and off based on the temperature measured by a sensor, rather than at predetermined times. If my guess is correct, this blog post on how to use the Events interface should be helpful.

Best,

Jeff

PS: If my guess is wrong and all you want to do is specify a predetermined time-varying input, that's of course also possible, and it's been discussed in a number of past threads in this Discussion Forum, see e.g. this thread .

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Carla, I imagine that the compressor turns on and off based on the temperature measured by a sensor, rather than at predetermined times. If my guess is correct, [this blog post](https://www.comsol.com/blogs/implementing-a-thermostat-with-the-events-interface/) on how to use the Events interface should be helpful. Best, Jeff PS: If my guess is wrong and all you want to do is specify a predetermined time-varying input, that's of course also possible, and it's been discussed in a number of past threads in this Discussion Forum, see e.g. [this thread](https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/302301/time-function-of-the-lightning-current?last=2022-01-31T19:02:59Z) .

Carla Sayuri Matsushita Guimarães

Posted: 2 years ago May 31, 2022, 10:15 a.m. EDT

Hi Jeff!

Thank you so much for your answer! The links were very helpfull :)

Thank you again!

Hi Jeff! Thank you so much for your answer! The links were very helpfull :) Thank you again!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.