Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Conjugated heat problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

https://ibb.co/YXtJY3m

Hi, I would like to ask for some advice regarding a conjugated heat transfer problem. The geometry is shown above, which is fluid (water) sandwiched by solid plates and the plates are in contact with two heat reservoirs. The top and bottom is insulated. I want to get temperature profiles with natural convection. The boundary conditions I used are shown below.

https://ibb.co/SfGZ5tm

The problem is that when I solve this model the solution is not converged, giving me a message like below .

"The following feature has encountered a problem: - Feature: Stationary Solver 1 (sol1/s1) Failed to find a solution. Maximum number of Newton iterations reached. Returned solution is not converged. Not all parameter steps returned. "

Does it seem there is any problem with my modeling? I thought it would be a simple exercise for me to get familiar with COMSOL but, it just frustrated me. I really appreciate any advice and help!

Thank you so much for taking your time and reading it!

P.S. How can I upload a photo? I put the URL for my photos in the parenthese but seems not working... you can copy and paste the URL to check out the pictures.

0 Replies Last Post May 16, 2022, 9:35 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Demian Lee

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.