Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Syntax in equation: time dependent value of variable calculated for one special time

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

What syntax do I use, to access the calculated value of a variable at one single defined point of time in an equation ?

I tried the expression

TempAverageTitan - TempAverageTitan(at(t=0/[s]))

to address the difference in average temperatures in time from the initial average temperature at the beginning with t=0

While I can display the value of the variable TempAverageTitan, I get a syntax error for addressing the start value TempAverageTitan(at(t=0/[s]))

1 Reply Last Post May 2, 2022, 11:44 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago May 2, 2022, 11:44 a.m. EDT
Updated: 2 years ago May 3, 2022, 7:06 a.m. EDT

For the my self-defined variable TempAverageTitan at the time t = 10s I have to write the syntax

at(10, TempAverageTitan)

comment: I feel it being not intuitively for me, to presume that at always means a time. An intuitive syntax for me would be something like TempAverageTitan(at(t,10))

For the my self-defined variable *TempAverageTitan* at the time t = 10s I have to write the syntax at(10, TempAverageTitan) comment: I feel it being not intuitively for me, to presume that at always means a time. An intuitive syntax for me would be something like *TempAverageTitan(at(t,10))*

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.