Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

lamp heating simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi.

I am trying to simulate the heating of a piece of glass due to the action of a lamp made of a array of 7x7 leds. The piece of glass it is under 50 mm from the lamp.

This is to compare with experimental data.

To do it, I have been used the model called "rapid thermal annealing" of the model library as a guide.

In the solutions I can see the evolution of the temperature in the lamp, but the piece of glass is always at the same temperature (initial T). It is like if the lamp does not heat the glass.

I need to know where could be my error building this model. Could someone help me?

Thanks.

1 Reply Last Post Jul 10, 2012, 11:00 a.m. EDT
Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 10, 2012, 11:00 a.m. EDT
Since heat can only reach the glass in your model via radiation, then check the surface-to-surface radiation definitions.
Since heat can only reach the glass in your model via radiation, then check the surface-to-surface radiation definitions.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.