Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Choosing the proper module: TDS vs. TCS

Rogelio Garcia Fernandez Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, Thank you for reading this thread.

I want to model the diffusion of a solute through a pipe filled with water from a compartment with an aqueous saturated solute solution. The only material inside the pipe is water, and the water is not flowing (no convection involved). Since the chamber holding the saturated solution has a high concentration (77 mg/ml) and I am only modeling the diffusion of one solute in one solvent, I am not sure whether I should use the TDS or TCS. Based on the COMSOL manual, it looks like I should use the TDS, but the high concentration involved in this problem makes me think I should include the TCS somehow.

What do you suggest?

0 Replies Last Post Dec 2, 2021, 10:25 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Rogelio Garcia Fernandez

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.