Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Rectangular pulse train

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi Ivar ,
i know this topic has been discussed on this forum but i still have a problem.

i want to generate a rectangular pulse train of pulse width = 28e-9 , frequency = 1 Hz

i used the rect function along with mod function to get an analytic function an1= rect1(mod(t[1/s],1e-9))
but when i plot this for time t = 0 to 1 sec i get zero magnitude , after solving i also found out that heat flux is zero throughout the time . I also tried 'make periodic' option but still not getting the plot.

As discussed earlier on some other thread , i made sure that the solver is selected as strict but still no luck .

i have to model 2 pulses each of 28 ns width in every second (t = 0 to 2 sec ) please help me with this .

Hirendra

1 Reply Last Post May 21, 2012, 4:50 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago May 21, 2012, 4:50 a.m. EDT
Hi

indeed its difficlt to see exactly what is pahhening, as the self scaling of the plots play you a game here

you can aleways combine a rect with a mod(t[1/s],1) see images

Do not forget to carefully define the time sequence and use strict and not free time stepping

I suspect the ration 1e-9 to 1 is too large for the analytical function, try asking "support"

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi indeed its difficlt to see exactly what is pahhening, as the self scaling of the plots play you a game here you can aleways combine a rect with a mod(t[1/s],1) see images Do not forget to carefully define the time sequence and use strict and not free time stepping I suspect the ration 1e-9 to 1 is too large for the analytical function, try asking "support" -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.