Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to set the PML width in solid mechanics.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I wanna caculate the anchor loss of a cantilever, can anyone tell me how to set the PML width and the fixed constraint.
The model is attached, the cantilever is made of polysilicon, and the next layer is SiO2, the next is Si3N4, the last is silicon substrate, infinite wide campared to other layers, without reflection from the bottom, so I set the silicon substrate as PML layer.
Can anyone tell me what's wrong. and how to set the width of the PML layer, and if the fixed constraint is set on the bottom is wrong?
Thanks a lot.

1 Reply Last Post Mar 27, 2012, 8:31 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 27, 2012, 8:31 p.m. EDT
Hi, can anybody share your experience?
Thanks a lot.
Hi, can anybody share your experience? Thanks a lot.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.