Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to input integration functions?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

There are two integration in my model, which is shown in the attached picture. How do I input them into Comsol? Thanks.

4 Replies Last Post Mar 27, 2012, 5:33 p.m. EDT
Victor Manuel Rodriguez Zermeno

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 25, 2012, 3:04 p.m. EDT
You need to define domain (0,d), then set create a coupling operator on it.
Suppose intop1 is the operator. Then you have for the fist equation:
intop1(n_c(x))=ñ_c*d
I hope this helps.
Victor
You need to define domain (0,d), then set create a coupling operator on it. Suppose intop1 is the operator. Then you have for the fist equation: intop1(n_c(x))=ñ_c*d I hope this helps. Victor

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 27, 2012, 4:23 p.m. EDT
Thank you, but where shall I define the operator intop1? Is it in the "Subdomain Integration Variable" submenu?
And where shall I input the equation?
Thank you, but where shall I define the operator intop1? Is it in the "Subdomain Integration Variable" submenu? And where shall I input the equation?

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 27, 2012, 4:55 p.m. EDT
I cannot input the equation as it appears, can I? I mean, you cannot enter "=" in an expression...
I cannot input the equation as it appears, can I? I mean, you cannot enter "=" in an expression...

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 27, 2012, 5:33 p.m. EDT
check how it's done in "An Integro-Partial Differential Equation" example. I think it has what you need.
check how it's done in "An Integro-Partial Differential Equation" example. I think it has what you need.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.