Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Help needed on damping factor

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

What does it mean 'damping factor too small. Returned solution has not converged'?

This only happens when I choose 'stationary nonlinear' as my solver and works just fine if I change to 'stationary linear' solver.

I am a new user and am using the older version of comsol; 3.0.

Thanks and appreciate much in advance.

Nor

3 Replies Last Post Feb 29, 2012, 12:59 p.m. EST
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 29, 2012, 11:26 a.m. EST
Hello Nor,
Version 3.0 dates back almost a decade. I suspect you'll find it hard to get very specific help from other users on such an old version. If at all possible, switch to a more recent version.
JF
Hello Nor, Version 3.0 dates back almost a decade. I suspect you'll find it hard to get very specific help from other users on such an old version. If at all possible, switch to a more recent version. JF

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 29, 2012, 11:50 a.m. EST
Hello JF,

Thanks for replying. Its because the input file I am working on now can only be opened in the old version. So no choice really but do you have any quick tip that I may be able to implement?

Nor
Hello JF, Thanks for replying. Its because the input file I am working on now can only be opened in the old version. So no choice really but do you have any quick tip that I may be able to implement? Nor

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 29, 2012, 12:59 p.m. EST
No, I haven't used 3.0 in years.
No, I haven't used 3.0 in years.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.