Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Can´t watch any of the free recorded webinars

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello , i ´ve tried several times to watch a free webinar without success. I´ve registered and completed the process but when i click on the "watch recorded webinar" the video player opens and it doesnt show anything. I´ve tried with different video players.

Thanks for the help

6 Replies Last Post May 24, 2012, 3:16 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 15, 2012, 12:49 p.m. EST
Hi

strange, but that can come from several issues, also your browser settings or AV or firewall. Check carefully the linked pages on compatiblity and add-ins, they depend on the site that is proposing the videos.

But I cannot remeber if I adjusted anything particulrly on my PC

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi strange, but that can come from several issues, also your browser settings or AV or firewall. Check carefully the linked pages on compatiblity and add-ins, they depend on the site that is proposing the videos. But I cannot remeber if I adjusted anything particulrly on my PC -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 15, 2012, 1:49 p.m. EST

Hi

strange, but that can come from several issues, also your browser settings or AV or firewall. Check carefully the linked pages on compatiblity and add-ins, they depend on the site that is proposing the videos.

But I cannot remeber if I adjusted anything particulrly on my PC

--
Good luck
Ivar

Thanks for the response Ivar:

But i still cannot watch the webinar, is there any other possible way i can get access to the webinar?

Thank you
[QUOTE] Hi strange, but that can come from several issues, also your browser settings or AV or firewall. Check carefully the linked pages on compatiblity and add-ins, they depend on the site that is proposing the videos. But I cannot remeber if I adjusted anything particulrly on my PC -- Good luck Ivar [/QUOTE] Thanks for the response Ivar: But i still cannot watch the webinar, is there any other possible way i can get access to the webinar? Thank you

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 15, 2012, 3:25 p.m. EST
Hi

not sure, I just tried a few on the main COMSOL site with IE and FireFox,
both work for me, these videos seem to be essentially in Adobe Flash (my version is currently 10,3,183,7) or Adobe Captivate 4

You could try to contact CONSOL and ask for minimal settings of your browser and or plug-in/add-ons, I'm not sure us users can do that much

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi not sure, I just tried a few on the main COMSOL site with IE and FireFox, both work for me, these videos seem to be essentially in Adobe Flash (my version is currently 10,3,183,7) or Adobe Captivate 4 You could try to contact CONSOL and ask for minimal settings of your browser and or plug-in/add-ons, I'm not sure us users can do that much -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 15, 2012, 3:49 p.m. EST
Hi Ernesto and Ivar,

as a Linux user, I have the same problem since some of these websites have as a requisite to use the latest versions of windows.

For example, if I try to see any of the webinars hosted at gotomeeting.com, I will just see a screen that says: Unsupported OS

IEEE's platform (on24.com) seems more friendly for non-windows users, although you have to pass a tedious registration process everytime you want to see a webinar.

On the other hand, my experience with webcasts.com is that it is a bit clumsy when using with linux but (at least) it is possible to watch the video. Also requires a tedious registration process everytime you want to see a webinar.

cheers,
--
Felipe
PD. if it helps, my flash player version is 11,1,102,55 when the actual version in Adobe's website is 11,1,102,62
Hi Ernesto and Ivar, as a Linux user, I have the same problem since some of these websites have as a requisite to use the latest versions of windows. For example, if I try to see any of the webinars hosted at gotomeeting.com, I will just see a screen that says: Unsupported OS IEEE's platform (on24.com) seems more friendly for non-windows users, although you have to pass a tedious registration process everytime you want to see a webinar. On the other hand, my experience with webcasts.com is that it is a bit clumsy when using with linux but (at least) it is possible to watch the video. Also requires a tedious registration process everytime you want to see a webinar. cheers, -- Felipe PD. if it helps, my flash player version is 11,1,102,55 when the actual version in Adobe's website is 11,1,102,62

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 24, 2012, 7:25 p.m. EST
Thanks for the help guys, but im still not able to watch the webinar i want . I wonder if you guys could somehow download it and mail it to me? If not, is there any other possible way you guys could help me watch this webinar?

Batteries & Fuel Cells Modelling with COMSOL Multiphysics: February 8, 2012

Thanks in advance
Thanks for the help guys, but im still not able to watch the webinar i want . I wonder if you guys could somehow download it and mail it to me? If not, is there any other possible way you guys could help me watch this webinar? Batteries & Fuel Cells Modelling with COMSOL Multiphysics: February 8, 2012 Thanks in advance

Posted: 1 decade ago May 24, 2012, 3:16 p.m. EDT
Just an update,

On my linux machine, Video under the webex platform frozens and you can't get audio working. This seems a common problem if you search for this terms in the internet:

webex linux "you do not have the necessary audio"

I hope Comsol start working out for a solution soon, since most of the students (and me) can't get to see a webinar.

cheers,
--
Felipe
Just an update, On my linux machine, Video under the webex platform frozens and you can't get audio working. This seems a common problem if you search for this terms in the internet: webex linux "you do not have the necessary audio" I hope Comsol start working out for a solution soon, since most of the students (and me) can't get to see a webinar. cheers, -- Felipe

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.