Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

uninstalling version 4.0a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

Long time ago I got a trial version of COMSOL 4.0a and it expired, unfortunately I don't have the money to buy it; now I would like to uninstall it but is not possible because it doesn't have a "unistall" icon or neither it appears under the list of programs installed in the control panel... (I know) I cannot open it because it says licence error or download an update since I don't have a valid license but I wonder if there is a solution for this or any advice you can give me...

thanks! :)
Elsa

2 Replies Last Post Jan 18, 2012, 11:05 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 18, 2012, 10:33 a.m. EST
Hi

If you have the CD normally you can un-install from there.
But you clean out 99% if not more by removing the c:\comsol40... directory
and the ".comsol" in your C:\users\... "users" directory

adapt correctly for for UX (Mac not sure, unfortunately I do not have any ;)

I believe this is also described in the install pdf doc

Or try a mail to "support"

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi If you have the CD normally you can un-install from there. But you clean out 99% if not more by removing the c:\comsol40... directory and the ".comsol" in your C:\users\... "users" directory adapt correctly for for UX (Mac not sure, unfortunately I do not have any ;) I believe this is also described in the install pdf doc Or try a mail to "support" -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 18, 2012, 11:05 a.m. EST
Thank you very much! I was not sure about removing it directly or not...

thanks for the hint! have a nice day! :)
Thank you very much! I was not sure about removing it directly or not... thanks for the hint! have a nice day! :)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.