Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

problem when using "conservative mode" in "laminar two phase flow" physic

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi all,

i am trying to simulate a drop flow using the "laminar two phase flow, phase field".
when i simulate iti see the volume of the drop getting smaller with time. from looking at the forum i found that the reason is that im running in the diffult "non-conservative mode".

so the next thing i tried is to change it to "conservative mode", but when i try to do so i get an error in the middle of the simulation with this error: "Repeated error test failures. May have reached a singularity.
"

the simulation stopped but still gave me one shot before stucking. in this shot i see the drop split into a lot of circles.

in the "non conservative mode" the simulation finishes and i can see that the drop stays in it's shape.
im adding a picture of how the drop looks at it last shot before the simulation stuck when i use the "conservative mode".

what can be the problam ?

thank you all,
ofir.

the picture:
img687.imageshack.us/img687/9489/dropwithnonconservative.jpg

1 Reply Last Post Jan 18, 2012, 2:08 p.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 18, 2012, 2:08 p.m. EST
can someone please help me ?
can someone please help me ?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.