Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

can not get a solution

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to make simulation about inspecting flaw in a plate by coil. My model is attached.
The building of model is no problem. But I can not get a solution. What is the reason?
Could you help me?

Thank you!

2 Replies Last Post Nov 11, 2011, 2:53 a.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 10, 2011, 10:00 p.m. EST
Hi,

I changed a little about my model. But this time I got an error like 'out of memory during assembly'.
Attached is the model. Could anyone help me?
Hi, I changed a little about my model. But this time I got an error like 'out of memory during assembly'. Attached is the model. Could anyone help me?

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 11, 2011, 2:53 a.m. EST
Your model solves on my computer, with a peak memory usage of about 4 GB. (I doesn't seem to converge, but that's a different issue.) The error message indicates that you should try to increase the "maximum Java heap size". There's a Knowledge Base article that explains how to do that.
Your model solves on my computer, with a peak memory usage of about 4 GB. (I doesn't seem to converge, but that's a different issue.) The error message indicates that you should try to increase the "maximum Java heap size". There's a Knowledge Base article that explains how to do that.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.