Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to build a transient acoustic pulse?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey all,

I am a beginner of the comsol for acoustic model.
I am trying to use a transient acoustic pulse as my simulation source. However, the source has to be in as some kind of circular domain. Therefore I can not use already-build in point source and under the transient acoustic interaction module the dipole and monopole looks like a continuous source. There is no week to use them as a pulse.
1. My question is should I have to have my own wave-equation and put into PDE and assemble the two modules?
2. For the edge source, if I put the edge as source, what about the inner?

Thanks a lot for all the reply and suggestions.
Your suggestions are always helpful for the beginner.

Best

Xu

2 Replies Last Post Jan 16, 2012, 4:12 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Xu Meng

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 16, 2012, 2:03 p.m. EST
Did you find a solution to your problem?

Regards
Glenston
Did you find a solution to your problem? Regards Glenston

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 16, 2012, 4:12 p.m. EST
Hi,

Nope!
I am still working on it.
Do you have any idea of this source?

Best
xu
Hi, Nope! I am still working on it. Do you have any idea of this source? Best xu

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.