Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error in COMSOL: Radiation in participating media in not active for 2D axissymmetry model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am using Comsol 4.1.0.185 for modeling 2D axissymmetric packed bed reactor. I want to use Radiation in participating media heat transfer interface but unfortunately I am not getting this interface for Axissymmeric model. It works fine for 2D and 3D models but not for 2D Axissymmeric model. So do anyone has any idea about why it is not functional for 2D axissymmetry model or it is COMSOL error?

2 Replies Last Post Jan 16, 2012, 10:16 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Rajesh Parmar

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 16, 2012, 6:16 a.m. EST
Hi there, I am also interested in this feature in asymmetric 2d. did you ever get a response on this?
Hi there, I am also interested in this feature in asymmetric 2d. did you ever get a response on this?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 16, 2012, 10:16 a.m. EST
Hi

it's not there in 4.2a (166) either so I suppose it's a limitation on the implemented physics, the best is to ask "support" directly, and to check the release notes

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi it's not there in 4.2a (166) either so I suppose it's a limitation on the implemented physics, the best is to ask "support" directly, and to check the release notes -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.