Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to extract the time value?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I set a stop condition for my model, and I want to get the time value when the stop condition is satisfied, this time value will be used in other place, how should I do?

5 Replies Last Post Jun 9, 2011, 2:27 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 6, 2011, 11:05 a.m. EDT
Hi

if I understand you correctly, when the first simulation is over "t" is "jammed at the ending time, ready for next simulation, no ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if I understand you correctly, when the first simulation is over "t" is "jammed at the ending time, ready for next simulation, no ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 6, 2011, 11:10 a.m. EDT

Hi

if I understand you correctly, when the first simulation is over "t" is "jammed at the ending time, ready for next simulation, no ?

--
Good luck
Ivar

For the next simulation, how should I input the time range [ range( , , ) ]? the starting time is the ending time of the first simulation.
[QUOTE] Hi if I understand you correctly, when the first simulation is over "t" is "jammed at the ending time, ready for next simulation, no ? -- Good luck Ivar [/QUOTE] For the next simulation, how should I input the time range [ range( , , ) ]? the starting time is the ending time of the first simulation.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 7, 2011, 3:42 a.m. EDT
Hi

Good remark :)
There I'm stuck, try with "support"
Indeed an interesting and useful remark/need

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Good remark :) There I'm stuck, try with "support" Indeed an interesting and useful remark/need -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 8, 2011, 9:41 a.m. EDT

Hi

Good remark :)
There I'm stuck, try with "support"
Indeed an interesting and useful remark/need

--
Good luck
Ivar

I have asked the comsol support, and they said: "this cannot be done in the current version of COMSOL. You
might have to manually set up the time range based on the information given from the first run."
[QUOTE] Hi Good remark :) There I'm stuck, try with "support" Indeed an interesting and useful remark/need -- Good luck Ivar [/QUOTE] I have asked the comsol support, and they said: "this cannot be done in the current version of COMSOL. You might have to manually set up the time range based on the information given from the first run."

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 9, 2011, 2:27 a.m. EDT
Hi

but tehn I understand that this is possible in Matalb, then you can extract the time from the first run and initiate the second run like that. It's just not possible in the GUI, reasonnable I believe

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi but tehn I understand that this is possible in Matalb, then you can extract the time from the first run and initiate the second run like that. It's just not possible in the GUI, reasonnable I believe -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.