Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Can I get the whole time solution if start from the stored solution and continue?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

It is a transient problem.
I store the solution after it completes the first 2 second computatoin.
Then I decide to continue the computation for another 8 seconds using the stored solution as the initial values.
The question is whether I can get the whole 10 second solution in the file? For instance, if I want to plot the temperatue vs time from the very beginning to the 10th seconds, am I able to do that? Currently I can not figure out yet.
Thanks,

2 Replies Last Post May 13, 2011, 6:26 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 13, 2011, 4:38 p.m. EDT
Hi

in the same model file I believe yes, but in two different data set, that may be accessed as two seqential subnoes to a results - plot node

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in the same model file I believe yes, but in two different data set, that may be accessed as two seqential subnoes to a results - plot node -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago May 13, 2011, 6:26 p.m. EDT
Hi, that makes sense, thanks.
Hi, that makes sense, thanks.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.