Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using a certain temperature of the geometry (for example a point on a surface)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I want to make a model in the heat transfer module in order to cool down a small cylinder with a water jet. Therefor I need to define the heat transfer coefficient in function of the temperature of the surface. what is the common way to introduce a certain temperature of a point in your geometry (cordinates) to use this temperature in your setting of the HTC value?

Thanks

2 Replies Last Post May 10, 2011, 9:02 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 10, 2011, 7:53 a.m. EDT
Hi

if you need to get (as a global value/variable i.e. a temperature T) the value of a dependent variable at a given point (by analogy edge, boundary or domain) you define a My_T = intop1(T) where intop is an integration coupling operator define ON THE POINT (or an aveop1(), average operator defined on the edge, boundary or domain respectively)

This is the COMSOL way to get the temperature at a given position from the dependent variable field T,

as MyT = T(x0,y0,z0) for the Point (x0,y0,z0)

Integration over points is the sum over the different points, when only one its THE point

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if you need to get (as a global value/variable i.e. a temperature T) the value of a dependent variable at a given point (by analogy edge, boundary or domain) you define a My_T = intop1(T) where intop is an integration coupling operator define ON THE POINT (or an aveop1(), average operator defined on the edge, boundary or domain respectively) This is the COMSOL way to get the temperature at a given position from the dependent variable field T, as MyT = T(x0,y0,z0) for the Point (x0,y0,z0) Integration over points is the sum over the different points, when only one its THE point -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago May 10, 2011, 9:02 a.m. EDT
Hi,

thank you Ivar, but can you say where I need to define these exactly?

Thanks a lot!
Hi, thank you Ivar, but can you say where I need to define these exactly? Thanks a lot!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.