Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Trying to use AC Voltage on Lamella mixer's boundaries - no results!

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello. I have been trying to use the concept of the electroosmotic micromixer - using AC Voltage to pertubrate laminar flow of fluids in the lamella mixer.

I am trying to look into mixing of the two layers close to the boundaries as well. So, I have divided the original lamella mixer's mixing region into three parts parts, added an emdc multiphysics module, and set the voltage from 0.1 V to 10 V.

After doing a transient analysis several times, I have found that the flow displays no mixing due to AC voltage and it is time independent too. This shouldn't ideally be the case!

I am looking into it. Is there something I might have done wrong? Something like coupling, or post processing or importing the modules?

I have shared the file I am working on here -
rapidshare.com/files/461566469/Dharav_-_Lamella_Mixer_with_AC_Current.rar

NOTE - I have BASICALLY used electrosomotic micromixer's emdc multiphysics in Lamella Mixer, using the same set of values and made appropriate changes in the geometry.

1 Reply Last Post May 10, 2011, 1:30 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago May 10, 2011, 1:30 p.m. EDT
Any help will be much appreciated! This is indeed kind of urgent!
Any help will be much appreciated! This is indeed kind of urgent!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.