Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Distortion in COMSOL window

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I work with COMSOL 4.0a and I've been having some trouble with the user interface as it gets distorted in the model view after sometimes you use it.

What happens is that the axes scale become different after you use it, then what should be viewed as a circle becomes an ellipse, for example.

Does any of you know where you can manually correct the axis scale, or if there is any automatic way to correct it. Unfortunatelly the zoom extent won't work for this.

The results window, instead isn't affected by this problem.

I could notice that it happens also in COMSOL 4.1.

In attached I put a figure to illustrate what happens. All ellipses in the figure should be circles.

Thanks for any response.

6 Replies Last Post May 6, 2011, 8:40 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago May 6, 2011, 6:09 a.m. EDT
Hi,

I had some issues too in 4.1 with 2D plots. Plots were distorted and partly missing. This could be resolved by switching the 2D rendering from Swing to SWT.

Cheers
Edgar
Hi, I had some issues too in 4.1 with 2D plots. Plots were distorted and partly missing. This could be resolved by switching the 2D rendering from Swing to SWT. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 1 decade ago May 6, 2011, 7:50 a.m. EDT
Thanks a lot for your answer Edgar.

I tryed to switch it but it had no effect.

As far as I see, given the very few options in the preferences menu that we have in COMSOL 4.x, this kind of problem should be solved in a lower level (new release or something), but that is just my guess.

Thanks again.
Thanks a lot for your answer Edgar. I tryed to switch it but it had no effect. As far as I see, given the very few options in the preferences menu that we have in COMSOL 4.x, this kind of problem should be solved in a lower level (new release or something), but that is just my guess. Thanks again.

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago May 6, 2011, 7:53 a.m. EDT
You can lock the aspect ratio through the View node in the Model Builder.
You can lock the aspect ratio through the View node in the Model Builder.

Posted: 1 decade ago May 6, 2011, 8:22 a.m. EDT
Dear Jean,

I searched in the model builder using right mouse buttom and clicking everywhere but I couldn't find the View node that you mentioned.

Could you please be more specific about where I can find it?

Thanks for the help.

Regards.
Dear Jean, I searched in the model builder using right mouse buttom and clicking everywhere but I couldn't find the View node that you mentioned. Could you please be more specific about where I can find it? Thanks for the help. Regards.

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago May 6, 2011, 8:32 a.m. EDT
It's within the Definitions node
It's within the Definitions node

Posted: 1 decade ago May 6, 2011, 8:40 a.m. EDT
Dear Jean,

That really was the solution of the problem.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards.
Dear Jean, That really was the solution of the problem. Thanks a lot for your help. Best regards.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.