Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Particle diffusing in magnetic field inhomogeneities

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Comsol users,
Here I ask you suggestion and help for a problem I have.

Introduction:
When two media with different magnetic susceptibility are in contact each other and inserted in a static magnetic field, some additional magnetic fields are created within and around the objects with an intensity proportional to the static field intensity.

My problem is in 2D. I have a circle of a material inserted in medium with different magnetic susceptibility, and I need to calculate the phase phi(t) acquired by a particle, when moving from a region A to a region B of the simulated region, passing close to the sphere.

The particle is moving according to simple 2D diffusion.

The phase acquired is calculated as the integral, over time, of the local magnetic field multiplied by the giromagnetic factor of the proton: phi(t)= gamma * int_0^t B(r(t)) dt

I used the AC-DC module and I was able to recreate the magnetic field distribution originated by the magnetic field susceptibility. Now I have to add the diffusion but don't know how to do it with the basic COMSOL Multiphysics. It seems that in that module the diffusion is only a perfusion, i.e. a moving of particle in a concentration gradient.

I need also to define the gamma function for the particle. Someone has suggestions?

Thank you,
Antonino

P.S. Am a user of COMSOL v3.5

0 Replies Last Post Feb 16, 2011, 6:58 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Antonino Cassarà

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.