Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

PLOT BOUNDARY CONSITIONS

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

someone of you knows how to plot the boundary conditions in COMSOL 4.1 (it is a simple load on a sphere)?

Giulio

3 Replies Last Post Feb 16, 2011, 6:07 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 16, 2011, 5:04 a.m. EST
Hi

study your "results section", if you do not want to read the doc, than at least run through all options and right-click each node and sub node to the end. You will then find out you can access and add on the plot(s) about any type of variable combinations

If you want to check your initial conditions, without running the full solution (à la 3.5a get "initial conditions") you go to the solver subnode, right click: "Dependent variables" and select "compute to selected"
Then you will populate the matrices and you can do all the result plotting on the INITIAL conditions.

This is very useful in CFD to ensure that you enter some realistic flow and pressure drops to help conversion. Often useful in ACDC too to have some initial fields

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi study your "results section", if you do not want to read the doc, than at least run through all options and right-click each node and sub node to the end. You will then find out you can access and add on the plot(s) about any type of variable combinations If you want to check your initial conditions, without running the full solution (à la 3.5a get "initial conditions") you go to the solver subnode, right click: "Dependent variables" and select "compute to selected" Then you will populate the matrices and you can do all the result plotting on the INITIAL conditions. This is very useful in CFD to ensure that you enter some realistic flow and pressure drops to help conversion. Often useful in ACDC too to have some initial fields -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 16, 2011, 5:21 a.m. EST
Thank you Ivar for your answer,

the fact is that I want to plot the initial load (like a set of arrows that hits a surface). Since this is not a result , but something that I applied on the surface, I don ´t find it in the "results" section...

Your suggestion ,on the second hand, is how to plot the initial consitions that, for the problem that I have to solve, are zero...
Thank you Ivar for your answer, the fact is that I want to plot the initial load (like a set of arrows that hits a surface). Since this is not a result , but something that I applied on the surface, I don ´t find it in the "results" section... Your suggestion ,on the second hand, is how to plot the initial consitions that, for the problem that I have to solve, are zero...

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 16, 2011, 6:07 a.m. EST
Hi

Indeed "0" is not very useful to show, but often one have other things than "0" ;)

You should try to add the equation view from the preferences, and then find the internal COMSOL name for the load you apply, and use that name in the postprocessing plot it should work

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Indeed "0" is not very useful to show, but often one have other things than "0" ;) You should try to add the equation view from the preferences, and then find the internal COMSOL name for the load you apply, and use that name in the postprocessing plot it should work -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.