Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to sweep voltage?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello.

I want to sweep voltage in simulation.

Could you tell me how to sweep the voltage?

In attached file, you can see how I sweep voltage.

6 Replies Last Post Jan 31, 2011, 8:01 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 31, 2011, 1:15 a.m. EST
Hi

you have the internal parametric sweep see the solver node page : "Continuation" tab (hidden by default).

THen you have the external Parametric sweep if you want also to change the geoemtry with a sweep parameter

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you have the internal parametric sweep see the solver node page : "Continuation" tab (hidden by default). THen you have the external Parametric sweep if you want also to change the geoemtry with a sweep parameter -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 31, 2011, 2:02 a.m. EST
Hello Mr.Ivar.

I can't find solver node. Where is it?

Shoui Kawakita
Hello Mr.Ivar. I can't find solver node. Where is it? Shoui Kawakita

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 31, 2011, 2:34 a.m. EST
Hi

follow the arrows, in 6 steps it's done, but "Param" MUST be defined first as a Model "PARAMETER" (you can call it something else)

check the doc (note call your local COMSOL rep to find out how to get the updated version 4.1 as 4.0 is an early version and many things are far more difficult to do in this early version" The doc is also much better in 4.1

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi follow the arrows, in 6 steps it's done, but "Param" MUST be defined first as a Model "PARAMETER" (you can call it something else) check the doc (note call your local COMSOL rep to find out how to get the updated version 4.1 as 4.0 is an early version and many things are far more difficult to do in this early version" The doc is also much better in 4.1 -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 31, 2011, 3:03 a.m. EST
Thank you. Mr. Ivar

I read your advise.But I have question.

1)How can I sweep parameter like this (example 1>10 then 10>1 in one simulation)

S.Kawakita
Thank you. Mr. Ivar I read your advise.But I have question. 1)How can I sweep parameter like this (example 1>10 then 10>1 in one simulation) S.Kawakita

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 31, 2011, 3:22 a.m. EST
Hi

sweep parameters can only be monotonously increasing, or decreasing, only limitation,
For your case you need a double nested parametric sweep, and that is not yet very well implemented in v4.0, works almost OK in 4.1 ;)

Check the doc

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi sweep parameters can only be monotonously increasing, or decreasing, only limitation, For your case you need a double nested parametric sweep, and that is not yet very well implemented in v4.0, works almost OK in 4.1 ;) Check the doc -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 31, 2011, 8:01 p.m. EST
Thank you Mr.Ivar.

So, I'll do my simulation in Ver.4.1

S.Kawakita
Thank you Mr.Ivar. So, I'll do my simulation in Ver.4.1 S.Kawakita

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.