Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

different between Calibrate for general physics and dynamic mesh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all

I have a simple question about the element size. What is the different between Calibrate for general physics and

dynamic mesh?. And are they effect in the results?? . Is the second one especially for fluid flow??

2 Replies Last Post Jan 13, 2011, 2:15 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 13, 2011, 1:49 a.m. EST
Hi

I assume you are in 4.1 then, there the new mesher has added some "auto mesh size by estimation from physics features" They works rather nicely, but you can always (and must often for complex model) fine tune by hand

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I assume you are in 4.1 then, there the new mesher has added some "auto mesh size by estimation from physics features" They works rather nicely, but you can always (and must often for complex model) fine tune by hand -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 13, 2011, 2:15 a.m. EST
Thanks for your reply. Actually my question Is dynamic mesh for only fluid flow case?
Thanks for your reply. Actually my question Is dynamic mesh for only fluid flow case?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.