Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Two way coupling problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,

I've read some relevant posts on how to use solver manager. But they seems to be mainly focused on one-way coupling. It's quite confusing for me to figure out how to do two-way coupling. I'm using COMSOL 3.5a and I don't have a Matlab socket.

In my model, I want to solve a time dependent problem. I have two geometries, one of them is PDE equation, the other is Moving mesh + Electrostatic. What I want to do is: at time step one, solve PDE equation, pass the solution to Moving mesh mode, then calculate the electrostatic mode after moving mesh, then pass the solution from electrostatic to PDE and solve it again and pass the solution to Moving mesh mode and so on and so on...

Does anybody have clue how to attack this problem, thanks a lot!

Guozheng

3 Replies Last Post Mar 1, 2012, 4:10 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Guozheng Shao

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 12, 2012, 3:45 p.m. EST
Hi
Even I am working on a similar problem with COMSOL 4.2, could some one post some example for this.

Krithika
Hi Even I am working on a similar problem with COMSOL 4.2, could some one post some example for this. Krithika

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 13, 2012, 4:34 a.m. EST
I don't think two-way coupling can be done only with solver manager, unless you can realize a loop within it. Script should work for your problem.
I don't think two-way coupling can be done only with solver manager, unless you can realize a loop within it. Script should work for your problem.

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 1, 2012, 4:10 a.m. EST
also having simmilar problems which I´m unable to solve. But I´m sure there is a solution. I've already seen models in COMSOL 3.5 working perfectly with boundary coupling variables but unfortunately there is no example which is realy helpful for my kind of problem in COMSOL v4.2
also having simmilar problems which I´m unable to solve. But I´m sure there is a solution. I've already seen models in COMSOL 3.5 working perfectly with boundary coupling variables but unfortunately there is no example which is realy helpful for my kind of problem in COMSOL v4.2

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.