Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Cartesian PML RF V4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have attached a model fie, a dipole excited by a lumped port and within a cube of air. The BC on cube is PML.
It is giving me error with PML, however if I use scattering BC instead of PML , it works.

Can any one look into this, what is wrong in PML implementation

Thanks

Irfan

3 Replies Last Post Nov 29, 2010, 9:08 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 29, 2010, 2:00 a.m. EST
HI

first I would advise to use a sphere with cylindrical PML and have it meshed as a few quad-sweep layers, or if you use the square cartesian cut your volume up into blocks such to use quad-sweep/block for the PML.

Then I do not usderstand how ou set up your dipole, you have 1V for bot tubes, but no reference ground ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
HI first I would advise to use a sphere with cylindrical PML and have it meshed as a few quad-sweep layers, or if you use the square cartesian cut your volume up into blocks such to use quad-sweep/block for the PML. Then I do not usderstand how ou set up your dipole, you have 1V for bot tubes, but no reference ground ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 29, 2010, 8:54 a.m. EST
Hi Ivar,

Thanks, can you please guide me how to cut cube volume into blocks. The dipole is excited as in tutorial and Idid use it with sphere and PML. I could not able to run on Cartesian PML.

Thanks

Irfan
Hi Ivar, Thanks, can you please guide me how to cut cube volume into blocks. The dipole is excited as in tutorial and Idid use it with sphere and PML. I could not able to run on Cartesian PML. Thanks Irfan

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 29, 2010, 9:08 a.m. EST
Hi

just cut your cartesian PML section not into one hollow cube but into rectangular blocks, one in each corner (4x) one on each of the 4 edges, and one on each of the 4 main sides. In this way you can mesh it easily with blocks

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi just cut your cartesian PML section not into one hollow cube but into rectangular blocks, one in each corner (4x) one on each of the 4 edges, and one on each of the 4 main sides. In this way you can mesh it easily with blocks -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.