Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

resistance simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Guys,
Here I am with a very basic problem based on under standing the models, boundary condition and sub domain settings.
I want to simulate a simple semiconductor resistor and measure the I-V characteristics. the attached fig sows the arrangement. Guys please suggest the model, boundary conditions and the sub domain settings. Do I need the convection diffusion model?

Please guys some thoughts on this.......

Regards,
E

2 Replies Last Post Nov 28, 2010, 2:05 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 27, 2010, 9:04 a.m. EST
Hi

it does not look like that your appeal to the "Guys" is very succssful ]

So from an"old" guy: if you replace the semiconductor by a normal limited conductivity material it's probably rather trivial, try as is, and as a starting point it's a good exercice.
Then perhaps you should challenge the community with some more on the physics you intend to study therein for your semi-conductor material case

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi it does not look like that your appeal to the "Guys" is very succssful ] So from an"old" guy: if you replace the semiconductor by a normal limited conductivity material it's probably rather trivial, try as is, and as a starting point it's a good exercice. Then perhaps you should challenge the community with some more on the physics you intend to study therein for your semi-conductor material case -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 28, 2010, 2:05 p.m. EST
hah
Thanx Ivar.......... u r the BEST!!
hah Thanx Ivar.......... u r the BEST!!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.