Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

refractive index of the cladding

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I have a question, :
I want to know how to determine the effective refractive index of the cladding, i.e. that of the fundamental space-filling mode (FSM) for the photonic crystal fiber with comsol?

Best Regards,
I.Abdelaziz

3 Replies Last Post Sep 8, 2010, 5:12 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 5, 2010, 12:34 p.m. EDT
Hi

have you checked the "mode Analysis" of the V4.0a RF doc "rf_ug.pdf" (p66) ? I believe you will find your reply therein

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi have you checked the "mode Analysis" of the V4.0a RF doc "rf_ug.pdf" (p66) ? I believe you will find your reply therein -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 8, 2010, 8:37 a.m. EDT
Greetings

Thank you for your answer.
I am wondering if this documentation is available through the internet andIf you have any website adress where I can find it?
I have to notice that I am using tne V3.3.a and in my opinion their is no big difference between the two versions, especially when it comes to determine this mode.
Thank you again.
Regards
Greetings Thank you for your answer. I am wondering if this documentation is available through the internet andIf you have any website adress where I can find it? I have to notice that I am using tne V3.3.a and in my opinion their is no big difference between the two versions, especially when it comes to determine this mode. Thank you again. Regards

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 8, 2010, 5:12 p.m. EDT
Hi

yes indeed COMSOL has evolve quite a lot since 3.3. I do not believe that the doc is available like that, furthermore, then you have probably several other parameters, variables to update. The best is to get the global theory, that must be on the web somewhere, and write out the equations yourself, adapted to 3.3

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi yes indeed COMSOL has evolve quite a lot since 3.3. I do not believe that the doc is available like that, furthermore, then you have probably several other parameters, variables to update. The best is to get the global theory, that must be on the web somewhere, and write out the equations yourself, adapted to 3.3 -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.