Phase initialization

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Research background: My model involves transient calculations of many physical fields, including level sets and laminar flow. When using one research step for simultaneous calculation, the calculation step size is particularly small and slow. So I want to first calculate the remaining physical fields, and then import the results of each time step calculation into the horizontal set and laminar flow for calculation. Current issue: If the solution inherited from the previous research step is used to solve the transient, it will prompt that there is no inheritance initialization, resulting in non conservation of volume. If the phase initialization inherits the previous solution and then uses transient inheritance phase initialization, only the last step is inherited. Solution: 1. May I ask how to add a PDE module in a transient to achieve phase initialization? Is this idea feasible. 2. We are currently trying to import using COMSOL with Matlab. Or is there any other way?

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.