Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat continuity

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good afternoon!

I need an advice about how to use the heat continuity option please.

The task is to describe the following situation: in my model, there are some details that are physically not in touch. The reason is that the geometry is too complex and was imported from other software.
So, I need to take two close boundaries and describe them as there is a continuous medium there. I meen that the heat flux must be continuos there, such as no separated boundaries were there.

It seems to me that the option "Heat continuity" should be used here, but I couldn't do it in a correct way.
So I am asking for your kind help and advice please.

Thanks

Makarenko Irina

2 Replies Last Post Dec 5, 2012, 8:18 a.m. EST
Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 5, 2012, 7:33 a.m. EST
To enforce the heat continuity constraint you should set up either an identity pair or a contact pair between the two surfaces. A contact pair works better in my experience if the surfaces are not perfectly aligned (with small gaps and/or overlaps).

Nagi Elabbasi
Veryst Engineering
To enforce the heat continuity constraint you should set up either an identity pair or a contact pair between the two surfaces. A contact pair works better in my experience if the surfaces are not perfectly aligned (with small gaps and/or overlaps). Nagi Elabbasi Veryst Engineering

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 5, 2012, 8:18 a.m. EST
Thank you for the answer!
Thank you for the answer!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.