Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Absorption and Desorption of Moisture in Composite

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to simulate absorption and desorption of moisture in a Glass Reinforced Epoxy material. The composite material I have assumed to be non-porous. I wish to see the "absorption" in the material when kept at 70°C and 80%RH for 2 months, which is then allowed to desorb at 70°C and 7%RH for another 2 months. The process of "absorption" and "desorption" is repeated again such that we are able to obtain the graph of Concentration vs Time as attached below. I wish to solve this using the Fick's diffusion model. Can anyone help me what type of physics and boundary conditions will be required to solve this?

I have also attached my file for the geometry and material properties I have used.

Thank you

0 Replies Last Post Oct 19, 2023, 11:37 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hamza Tarin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.