Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

torque calculation under the air flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I hope this text finds everyone of you well. I am reaching out to request your guidance in performing a CFD analysis of a 2 bladed helical vertical axis wind turbine in COMSOL. I believe you would be able to provide me with the guidance I need to successfully complete this project.

I am currently working on a research project which requires the analysis of the flow field around a vertical axis wind turbine.i created the 3D CAD model using solidworks and it is perfect .My aim is to investigate the effects of various parameters on its performance and to calculate the torque of turbine under the turbulent air flow of 5m/s. but i didnot find any tutorial or blog related to this thats why its very complicated for me.

I am hoping that anyone of you would be able to provide me with some guidance and direction in setting up the simulation and torque calculation of vertical axis wind turbine under the airflow

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards,

muddaser ahmed

0 Replies Last Post Jun 5, 2023, 5:02 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Muddaser Ahmed Khan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.