Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Inductor in an Amplifier Circuit

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I am new to Comsol I have tried to follow the tutorial "Inductor in an Amplifier Circuit " and I am not able to find material Soft Iron (without losses) or don't have the tree of materials for AC/DC module.
But the most important is that I cannot commit the action "In the Model Builder window, right-click Magnetic Fields and choose the domain
setting Multi-Turn Coil Domain." because it does not exist in the right click menu. Have I not installed something?
What should I do to find out what's wrong?

I am using Comsol 4.3

5 Replies Last Post Jul 20, 2012, 2:31 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 20, 2012, 1:00 a.m. EDT
Hi

strange, could it be that you do not have the ACDC module of Comsol ? or that it is "disabled" check your licences

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi strange, could it be that you do not have the ACDC module of Comsol ? or that it is "disabled" check your licences -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 20, 2012, 2:46 a.m. EDT
I think I have AC/DC module because I can see it in my physics and can add it to the model. Then I can specify ampere's law etc. but not the multi turn coil. But when I open the model downloaded from the website I can see that it has that condition added.
I think I have AC/DC module because I can see it in my physics and can add it to the model. Then I can specify ampere's law etc. but not the multi turn coil. But when I open the model downloaded from the website I can see that it has that condition added.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 20, 2012, 4:26 a.m. EDT
Hi

check your "Options licences", standard COMSOL has some ACDC features so an ACDC node is from my understanding normal. The modules in COMSOL mainly adds features to the existing general COMSOL multiphyiscs basis. I do not have the acoustic module (trying to get it as it's very useful) but I still can do some "simple" pressure acoustics simulations coming from the basic CM

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi check your "Options licences", standard COMSOL has some ACDC features so an ACDC node is from my understanding normal. The modules in COMSOL mainly adds features to the existing general COMSOL multiphyiscs basis. I do not have the acoustic module (trying to get it as it's very useful) but I still can do some "simple" pressure acoustics simulations coming from the basic CM -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 20, 2012, 8:27 a.m. EDT
It says AC/DC module in Other Products. I guess that's correct.
It says AC/DC module in Other Products. I guess that's correct.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 20, 2012, 2:31 p.m. EDT
Hi
indeedif you se the ACDC checked you have the module, but then you should also see the multiwire domains, at least I do !?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi indeedif you se the ACDC checked you have the module, but then you should also see the multiwire domains, at least I do !? -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.