Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

General Question Regarding MEMS Module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am new to COMSOL. Recently bought COMSOL 4.2 with Structural Mechanics module and MEMS module. As a beginner, my question might seem very stupid. When I add a physics to the model, I can't see the MEMS module. Is it integrated to structural mechanics module? or am I missing something here?? Following physics are shown:

AC/DC
Acoustics
Chemical Species Transport
Fluid Flow
Heat Transfer
Structural Mechanics
Mathematics

1 Reply Last Post Jun 11, 2012, 11:08 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 11, 2012, 11:08 a.m. EDT
Hi

the MEMS module is not a "specific physics", it only adds different features to the different physics of structural, ACDC, fluidics etc. to allow you to do coupled simulations with pre-cooked settings.

You can turn "off" the MEMS module in the options and then you will see what is missing in the different physics

You have also the full feature and module matrix on the main COMSOL site that shows exactly what the MEMS module is adding to your different physics

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi the MEMS module is not a "specific physics", it only adds different features to the different physics of structural, ACDC, fluidics etc. to allow you to do coupled simulations with pre-cooked settings. You can turn "off" the MEMS module in the options and then you will see what is missing in the different physics You have also the full feature and module matrix on the main COMSOL site that shows exactly what the MEMS module is adding to your different physics -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.