Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Surface integration through MATLAB

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to compute the integral of two different modes which are from different geometries. Currently, I am saving the model files separately for each geometry and using mphinterp twice on a grid to compute the integration. Is there any way to use mphint directly to save computation time?

I tried to make a file with two different geometries and using mphint, but I can't get it to evaluate from both solutions at the same time.

Thank you,

Martin

3 Replies Last Post Jun 11, 2012, 2:37 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 10, 2012, 10:07 a.m. EDT
Hi

Do you need to calculate the integral in Matlab ?

Otherwise you could define an integration operator in Comsol and get the result via 'mphglobal' on two different dataset, pointing to each of your solutions in the model.

\Flanell

Hi Do you need to calculate the integral in Matlab ? Otherwise you could define an integration operator in Comsol and get the result via 'mphglobal' on two different dataset, pointing to each of your solutions in the model. \Flanell

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 11, 2012, 1:58 p.m. EDT
The integral does not need to be done in MATLAB. The integral is an overlap between two modes and if I look at the integration available in the derived results, I have to choose either of the datasets, while I am looking to integrate mode1*mode2 over the surface. Is there some integration operator that let me take variables from different datasets in the same evaluation?
The integral does not need to be done in MATLAB. The integral is an overlap between two modes and if I look at the integration available in the derived results, I have to choose either of the datasets, while I am looking to integrate mode1*mode2 over the surface. Is there some integration operator that let me take variables from different datasets in the same evaluation?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 11, 2012, 2:37 p.m. EDT
Hi

have you checked the specail operators at() and with() I believe these can be used, but in the Postprocessing though

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi have you checked the specail operators at() and with() I believe these can be used, but in the Postprocessing though -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.