Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

parametric study

Pavan Kumar Penumakala

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi..
lf i want to study the effect of the parameter ..say V.. this parameter changes from 1 to 10 m/s...
and i want to plot temperature vs time plot for all the case..how i can proceed..?

3 Replies Last Post Mar 30, 2012, 1:47 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 30, 2012, 9:47 a.m. EDT

Just select all the parameter values you want to plot the curves for.
Just select all the parameter values you want to plot the curves for.

Pavan Kumar Penumakala

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 30, 2012, 9:53 a.m. EDT

hi..in the time dependent heat study,i used in the global paremetre section V=5x and in the time dependent study i select the parametric sweep and sweeping x = 1:1:5
in the 1D point graph ...i am unable to plot Temperature Vs time for all x=1:1:5
hi..in the time dependent heat study,i used in the global paremetre section V=5x and in the time dependent study i select the parametric sweep and sweeping x = 1:1:5 in the 1D point graph ...i am unable to plot Temperature Vs time for all x=1:1:5

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 30, 2012, 1:47 p.m. EDT
Hi

are you sure your derived variabble or plot node is pointing to the correct data set ? When you do a sweep, you get 2 Data set, one for the current (last) solver case and one with all the parametrised data matrices

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi are you sure your derived variabble or plot node is pointing to the correct data set ? When you do a sweep, you get 2 Data set, one for the current (last) solver case and one with all the parametrised data matrices -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.