Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Extracting Deformed Mechanical Eigenmode Geometries

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello All,

This particular question has been maddening for me. I would like to do the following. Draw an arbitrary geometry in Comsol, find the mechanical eigenmodes of that geometry, then extract the deformed geometry of the nth eigenmode, and then use that deformed geometry as an initial condition for a subsequent problem. This problem is maddening to me because, in principle, all the information is there. I can run an eigenvalue simulation and I can then look at the u,v,w displacement vectors - so all the information is there - but it seems very hard to extract this deformed geometry and use it in another calculation. Does anyone have any ideas?

Tim

1 Reply Last Post Mar 30, 2012, 2:00 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 30, 2012, 2:00 p.m. EDT
Hi

I would propose that you take a lokk to the user manual with the key word "Remeshing a Deformed Geometry" that should help, at least partly ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I would propose that you take a lokk to the user manual with the key word "Remeshing a Deformed Geometry" that should help, at least partly ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.