Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

fully developed boundary condition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

In my model, a fully developed pipe flow is required to be defined at the inlet boundary. I simulated a flow in a long pipe of the same height of the inlet boundary then I used linear coupling to define the flow profile of the outlet long pipe as the inlet B.C for my model. I used 2D axisymmetric model for the pipe flow, but the result is unsatisfactory.
PS I model the same situation but for a channel flow using 2D model and it worked perfect.

Any suggestions and comments are really appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply Last Post Mar 31, 2012, 5:54 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 31, 2012, 5:54 a.m. EDT
Unfortunately it was not working for a trivial error as when i coupled the two models i defined the inlet velocity field with the u velocity component, and i didn't realize that its an axisymmetric model i.e. the u component is in the radial direction velocity component.
Unfortunately it was not working for a trivial error as when i coupled the two models i defined the inlet velocity field with the u velocity component, and i didn't realize that its an axisymmetric model i.e. the u component is in the radial direction velocity component.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.