Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Dataset Join with multiple locations

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to normalize some responses in a room, by dividing by a nearfield measurement of the source speaker. I have made a dataset for the 6 different locations in the room I am interested in, and a dataset for the nearfield locatoin which is right in front of the speaker. I tried using the Dataset Join, to subtract the reference nearfield measurement from each of the other measurements. I got an error message about "The operation is only supported for one single point.". I though, maybe it doesn't like having different numbers of pionts in each dataset, so I created a new dataset fr the nearfield measurment, with the location duplicated 6 times. So now I have the same number of datapoints in each dataset, so maybe I can now subtract one from the other. Nope! no matter what I do, I get the same message. I even tried getting the data out using Livelink for Matlab. I cannot even get just the single nearfield datapoint out using

[NF p1_units] = mphinterp(model,{'acpr.Lp'},'Dataset', 'cpt11','coord',[NPx NPy NPz]);

Which I have used already many times successfuly. I keep getting the same blasted message. Any help appreciated.

0 Replies Last Post Oct 27, 2020, 12:08 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Todd Welti

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.