Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Access Values of one Field variable into other

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey all,

I am trying to deform a metal sheet by electromagnetic forces. For this, I have made 2 different models in a single file. 1st model is solving just the electromagnetics (a multi-turn coil generating eddy current in a metal sheet).

Now i just want these magnetic forces to import in second model, where solid mechanics evaluates rest of the things.
There are plenty reasons to model this simple configuration in two different models.

I have tried several model coupling operators like identity mapping etc.
but doesn't work.

Any suggestions, how a field variable can be imported from one model to other.

(note: 1) in my case, both geometries of model 1 as well as model 2 are 2D
2) Geometries of the 2 models are not same except the sheet. In 1st model, sheet has copper coil below it and air surrounding and nothing above it, while in 2nd model, same sheet has just a die above it and nothing else(Not even air).

Thanks in advance.

0 Replies Last Post Dec 30, 2011, 3:49 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mohit Singhal

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.