Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How can I change the geometry between timesteps?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I need some help with my model in Comsol 4.2.

I have a geometry made of two rectangles, one lying on the top of the other;
it's something like this:

There is a gas flow in the domain 1 (top rectangle) and a water flow in the domain 2 (bottom rectangle). In domain 1 there is a concentration C1 of a molecule, in domain 2 I have a concentration C2 of the same molecule. There are a Laminar Flow physic and a Transport of Diluited Species physic, coupled, in each domain.

It's a time-dependent model, and I need to change the size (height) of the rectangles between the timesteps. In the real object that I am studying the rectangles change their shape in function of time, so I have to change their size in function of time.

Is it possible in any way?

1 Reply Last Post Dec 30, 2011, 5:01 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 30, 2011, 5:01 a.m. EST
I tried to put a function like "height of domain 1 = (A*t[1/s] +1)[um]" but it's not working; Comsol colours it in red.
Any other idea?
I tried to put a function like "height of domain 1 = (A*t[1/s] +1)[um]" but it's not working; Comsol colours it in red. Any other idea?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.