Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Multi turn Electromagnetic Coil Assembly

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I'm attempting to analyze an assembly of two electromagnetic multi-turn coils each with an iron core. I followed the instructions in the video "COMSOL webinar - modeling coils and electric devices" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7xhNFzWQ1U, specifically the helmoltz coil construction. However, the computation time was taking over a half hour to compute so I'm wondering what I did wrong. Any assistance would be appreciated, I attached my mph file for inspection. Thank you, Michelle

1 Reply Last Post Jul 23, 2019, 9:03 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Jul 23, 2019, 9:03 a.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago Jul 23, 2019, 8:59 a.m. EDT

One problem is the center of your sphere: not 0,0,0. But your infinite elements refers to 0,0,0. Second problem is, that in your study both MF are selected; solve only for MF2.

Ralf

One problem is the center of your sphere: not 0,0,0. But your infinite elements refers to 0,0,0. Second problem is, that in your study both MF are selected; solve only for MF2. Ralf

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.