Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Mesh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have been working in a project that deals with the study of eddy currents in a solid rotor. For that purpose, I need to compute the magnetic vector potential in the air gap of the machine. For this, I am using an in-house 2D simulation software of our lab. The computed vector potential is then used as a source for a 3D model of the rotor. I am intended to do the 3D simulation in Comsol software.

I have the results of 2D simulation, the computed magnetic vector potential, in each nodes of the mesh. Now, for the 3D model, I want to first create an identical mesh (same as the 2D mesh) in Comsol and then extrude it to make a 3D model.

Now, the main problem is that I am not being able to transfer the 2D datas into Comsol. I am not being able to create an identical mesh as 2D in Comsol (by identical I mean, there are same number of elements and nodes and the value of magnetic vector potential is also same in all the node).
For this purpose I wanted to check if we could change the nodal values so that I can input my 2D solution into Comsol. I am not sure if this idea works, but I wanted to try.

Can anyone please help me by suggesting any other way through which I can make such input to the Comsol software. I would be very obliged to have your valuable suggestions.

Thank you in advance.

0 Replies Last Post Sep 19, 2011, 10:31 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello uGrachaNda

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.